It is now the very last week of lifts in the Portes du Soleil ski area, and some of he individual resorts have already closed for winter.
Super Morzine closed a couple of days earlier than scheduled. The pistes had really begun to suffer from the recent warm weather and, except to access Avoriaz via the Proclou lift, there was little point keeping the area open by the end. Elsewhere in Morzine, the Pleney and Nyon areas stayed open right through to Sunday the 14th. The snow cover on the pistes remain mostly very good, although at the very bottom of the Pleney pistes and the piste coming back from Nyon to Morzine the snow cover was completely isolated to the pistes themselves with the rest of the mountain looking very green.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Morzine
- Best 6 places to cool down in Morzine in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Morzine's 2019/20 ski pass prices are out
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019