Avoriaz is the place to bring your kids this winter if you want them to get into snowboarding. Inspired by a scheme in the US, Avoriaz now has a snow play zone in the centre of resort, designed to introduce children from 4 yrs and up to snowboarding.
Burton Snowboards and Avoriaz's own Annie Famose's 'Village des Enfants' are behind the Riglet Park initiative which has been extremely successful in many resorts in North America including Sierra at Tahoe in California, Smuggler's Notch in Vermont, and Canyons Resort in Utah.
Avoriaz Riglet Park has been designed for riding on shallow gradients, mini rails and half pipes and will be optimised to help kids develop good balance and reflexes before taking on any steeper terrain. Mini riders will be equipped with Burton gear designed specifically for small kids and boards will feature a retractable strap that allows instructors to safely guide and control descents.
The concept shares a lot in common with what Annie Famose has developed in the Village des Enfants: the opportunity for kids to have fun in their own snow play area with slides, jumps, and lifts.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Morzine
- Best 6 places to cool down in Morzine in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Morzine's 2019/20 ski pass prices are out
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019