The replacement of the Ranfoilly ski lift in Les Gets is going ahead and the contract has been signed with the company set to manufacture it.
The new 6 seat chair lift will be able to carry 3,300 skiers per hour and will be accessed by a magic carpet, similar to the Envers lift which has just opened in La Plagne (see image above).
The seats will be two-coloured and new base and arrival stations will also be built, at a total cost of around 8.5 million euros.
An information panel will be put in place next winter at the current lift to show the plans to the public.
The date for completion of the new lift is yet to be announced.
More Morzine Insights...
- Tom Cruise scouts locations in Morzine
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Morzine
- Best 6 places to cool down in Morzine in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Morzine's 2019/20 ski pass prices are out