Montriond is a small village that sits on the eastern side of the valley from Morzine.
Although it is separated from the main body of Morzine by the Dereches river it is as close to the lifts, shops and bars as some parts of Morzine and has better access to the Ardent bubble than most of Morzine.
The village is quite spread out and although some parts of it lie on the Ardent bus route, the “M-Line” other parts are still quite rural and not accessible by public transport.
Next to La Barque there is a small grocery store. It is quite pricey compared to the supermarkets in the area but it is open on a Sunday, which some of the others are not and is ideal if you run out of milk at the weekend.
Montriond also has a ski rental shop, pizzeria and it's own Doctors surgery. It can sometimes be worth asking the ambulance to drop you here, if you have an accident on the hill, as the queues are much shorter than in Morzine where in peak season you may find yourself queuing in the hall waiting for an X-ray. Not ideal if you have just injured yourself.
More Morzine Insights...
- Tom Cruise scouts locations in Morzine
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Morzine
- Best 6 places to cool down in Morzine in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Morzine's 2019/20 ski pass prices are out