Things have changed completely in Morzine over the last 24 hours! The clouds began forming a couple of days ago and there was heavy rainfall in town for much of yesterday, with snow further up the mountain. By the evening the freezing level had dropped significantly, however, and it had begun snowing in Morzine as well.
The snow has continued throughout the night and Morzine has turned white once again. So far, there have been approximately 10cm of snow in town, and the snow is continuing to fall today. Current forecasts suggest that there could be up to another 50cm of snow on the way over the next 24 hours.
Friday looks as though it offers the best chance of sunshine, so could be the best day of the week, if not the whole month. Visibility at the moment is understandably not great, so staying around the trees is probably the best bet until the sun returns.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Morzine
- Best 6 places to cool down in Morzine in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Morzine's 2019/20 ski pass prices are out
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019